We Don’t Have any Problem with our Leadership -APGA
NewsReport June 16, 2021
NewsReport gathered that the unfortunate event that took place today on the broadcast live of the AIT was drawn to us by the presumed suspension of our revered National Chairman, Ozonkpu Victor Ike Oye (and some national officials of the party) in connection with a band of political buccaneers and fitness fellows under the NEC of All Progressive Grand Alliance.
We want to make the following statement without any mistake:
- That the so-called Jude Okeke and his cohorts have no authority to speak on behalf of the Party or to be officials or financial members of our big party.
- That our National President, Victor Oye Ozonkpu, never had a period in which he convened a party NEC meeting or any other party gathering.
- that only the National President of the Party may convene NWC, NEC, and National Convention sessions in accordance with Article 13 of the constitution of APGA 2019. No such meeting was convened, as we wrote.
- That the Supreme Court had made it expressly clear that only the National Convention of a political party could remove the National Chairman of a registered political party.
- That the so-called NEC meeting on AIT was a political hatchet job to create undue tension in the party and misdirect our teeming members. But it was dead on arrival.
- That the leadership of the party under Ozonkou Victor Oye is intact and working assiduously to deliver on its governorship primary in Anambra State scheduled for June 23, 2021.
- That we are determined to bring the full weight of the law to bear on mischief-makers and their sponsors who are bent on causing disaffection among our members.
- That law enforcement agents have been placed on full alert to deal ruthlessly with anybody fomenting trouble in the party as APGA remains a peaceful, law-abiding party where peace, justice, and equity prevail.
- We urge millions of our supporters to ignore the rantings of the rabble-rousers and go about their businesses without fear of molestation.
Barr. Tex Okechukwu,
National Publicity Secretary, APGA