Connect with us


In Delta, a 13-year-old girl was raped to death by a suspected ritualist.

In Delta, a 13-year-old girl was raped to death by a suspected ritualist.



Wema Bank Alat

In Delta, a 13-year-old girl was raped to death by a suspected ritualist.

In Delta, a 13-year-old girl was raped to death by a suspected ritualist.


Nwosu, a Delta State local government employee, is on the run after allegedly rapping a 13-year-old girl to death in the Issele Uku town in the state’s Aniocha North Local Government Area NewsReport gathered.

The girl was accosted by the suspected ritualist on Tuesday about 9 p.m. as she was returning home after an errand her aunt had sent her.


According to our sources, Nwosu allegedly hypnotized the youngster and then drove her to a neighboring hotel where he committed the crime.


Harrison Gwamnishu, the founder of the Behinds Bars human rights organization, told one of our journalists that the victim was brought to a hospital where she died.

He said, “The victim went to buy something on Tuesday night and on her way back home, the man, who was driving a white Hilux vehicle, stopped and asked her to enter the vehicle. She did not know the man before and she didn’t know when she entered the vehicle.


“The man drove her to a nearby hotel and raped her. After he finished, he gave her a white handkerchief to clean her private parts. The man collected the handkerchief and later dropped her somewhere to walk back home. It was when she got home that her sister saw that she was bleeding, and when she asked her what happened, the girl explained.


“The aunt called us that Tuesday around 11pm about the incident, but we couldn’t go there from Asaba because it was late. So, we told them to take her to the nearest hospital for treatment, but they could not take her to the hospital that night because there was no vehicle

“The next morning, the girl took them to the hotel which the man took her to and the people there confirmed that the man brought her to the hotel and they provided his name. She was also taken to a hospital, but the doctor referred them to the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba.

“On their way, the vehicle developed a fault, while the girl was bleeding badly. So, they got another vehicle that took them to a nearby hospital where she was being treated till she died around 4pm.”


Our correspondents learnt that the incident was reported at the Issele-Uku Police Station.

Gwamnishu, who urged the police to find the suspect, lamented that it was the second rape case “we are recording at Issele-Uku.”

“We have taken the police to the mortuary to see the deceased and I think by tomorrow (Friday), the case should be transferred to Asaba.


“We want the police to intensify efforts to make sure the culprit is arrested and justice is served,” he added.


The state Police Public Relations Officer, Bright Edafe, who confirmed the incident, said the command was investigating it.

He said, “Yes, it is true; efforts are ongoing to arrest the suspect, who is currently in a hideout.”.


Copyright © 2021 NewsReport. Designed by DasodHub.

Verified by MonsterInsights