2021/1439 EID-UL ADHA PRAYER AND CELEBRATION
News Report July 18, 2021
His Eminence the National Chief Imam Sheikh Osman Nuhu Shanubutu wishes to announce to all Muslims throughout the Country that this Year Eid-ul-Adha prayer and celebration will take place on Tuesday 20th July 2021 NewsReport gathered.
Further to that, the National Chief Imam will observe and lead the Eid prayer at the newly commissioned National Mosque, Kanda at exactly 9.00 am prompt.
However, Muslim Communities who have the capacity to control the congregation and ensure strict adherence to the Covid-19 protocols is observed may choose to perform the Eid Prayer in the parks, and open space, the jummah mosque may also be utilized for Eid prayer, in order to the work and vulnerable members of the communities.
Meanwhile, the National Chief Imam wish to remind every Muslim within and without the country that the Covid-19 restrictions are still in place and therefore, Insist on the strict adherence of the protocol at all prayer grounds.
The National Chief Imam, in addition, recommends the following guidelines.
* Everyone Most wears a nose mask to the prayer grounds.
* Adequate Provision of Veronica buckets, water, hand washing soaps and Sanitizers this should be placed at vantage points around the prayer ground.
* The usage of sachets water is recommended for purpose of ablution.
* Appropriate Social distancing spacing between individual worshipers and rows should be observed effectively.
* Usage of personnel mat is highly recommended, worshipers are to come along with their mats to the prayer ground.
* If possible thermometer Guns, should be utilized on checkout for high temperature of worshipers.
The National Chief Imam supported by the leadership of the Muslim Communities (Chiefs and Imams) entreats all Muslims to strictly observe the Covid-19 protocol and guidelines.
His Eminence also requests the assistance, and support of the regional coordinating councils, and the police command in ensuring that the Covid-19protocols and guidelines are followed at all prayer grounds.
Let’s all help to protect each other and prevent the widespread of the coronavirus especially the delta virus.
The Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w.) has been quoted saying that “none of you shall be a true believer unless he is lower for his or her neighbour what he/she loves for himself/herself” (Hadith).
May Almighty Allah see us through the Covid-19 pandemic. Amin.
Sheikh Dr Osman Nuhu Sharubutu
(National Cheif Imam Ghana)